With an interest in helping solving complex family law property matters and a developing ‘critical eye’ for family asset and investment arrangements, Danie provides assistance to senior team members on protecting and distributing client’s wealth in a separation.
Danie’s work on family law cases, has seen her assist on a range of complex property matters, including:
- Property and financial matters, including high-net-worth matters dealing with Family and Unit Trusts and Proprietary Limited Companies.
- Property and financial matters involving large tax implications, including CGT and ATO related issues.
- Advising and preparing Binding Financial Agreements (BFAs).
- Tax liability for beneficiaries from income generated by inherited assets.
- Director and shareholder sale of entities and assets.
To clients who have:
- Multiple corporate entities.
- Family trusts.
- Family-related businesses.
- Property portfolios.
Danie understands the importance of exploring alternative dispute resolution methods first to protect the disclosure of our client’s financial position.
In addition to Danie’s law degree, she also has a Bachelor of Psychology to help her better understand the psychological issues ingrained in family law matters.
Danie is also a volunteer lawyer at Fitzroy Legal Service.