What our clients have to say
I have been dealing with Andrew Papaleo for the last six years and most recently Kerry Ktenas in regards to Family Law. This Firm is highly professional and child focused, all of my matters have been resolved in a cost efficient, honest manner with outstanding results.Jeremy M. - Client
I am so grateful to Schetzer Papaleo, they have been fabulous, they are very professional and have helped me through some very difficult times.
I am impressed that they are family focused and they have been great to work with. I would highly recommend their services.
The whole team are friendly, efficient and welcoming. Would recommend unhesitatingly.Polly G. - Client
Thanks to Andrew and the team for their professionalism and their support throughout the whole process. And for amazing result. A special thanks to David for taking on a difficult task.Michael G. - Client
I’ve decided to separate. What should I expect?
Separation and divorce can be an emotional time for most people. Our experienced team of family lawyers will guide you through the daunting and stressful process with empathy and understanding. Our emphasis is on problem solving, and we will endeavor to provide you with pragmatic and realistic advice about resolving the care arrangements for children and property settlements. It is important to obtain legal advice early so as to understand your rights and the options available to you. We will be there to guide you each step of the way.
I have just separated. What happens next?
Whilst separation is an emotional time, important decisions need to be made immediately after separation. Some of the decisions we can assist you with are:
- where your children live and who will take care of them;
- how you and your former partner will support yourselves and your children;
- what, how and when you will tell the children, other family members and friends;
- who will pay outstanding bills or debts;
- who will stay in the house;
- how will the rent or mortgage be paid;
- what will happen to any joint bank accounts;
- what will happen to the house, car, furniture and other property; and
- how do you protect yourself financially.
Do I need a lawyer?
There are many good reasons to consult an experienced family lawyer. We can demystify the process for you, and help you understand what your rights and entitlements may be, by:
- explaining how the law applies to your circumstances;
- advising you about the range of likely outcomes for your matter;
- advising you about what information you are entitled to receive from, and provide to, your former partner;
- providing you with information about alternate dispute resolution services available to you;
- advocating or negotiating on your behalf with your former partner;
- discussing strategies and tactics to resolve your matter;
- assessing risks to your position and how to protect yourself, including pre-nuptial (financial) agreements which protect your assets in the event of separation; and
- formalising any agreement reached between you and your former partner so that they are final and enforceable.