Andrew is a founding partner of Schetzer Papaleo Family Lawyers and is experienced in all aspects of family and relationship law.
Andrew understands that separation can take an enormous emotional toll on families, particularly where children are involved. With this in mind, his focus is on achieving effective, mediated outcomes rather than litigation. He is compassionate, pragmatic and solution focused, known for empowering clients to achieve positive long-term outcomes.
Andrew has specific experience in family violence and intervention order proceedings (IVOs), as well as parenting matters involving gender dysphoria in adolescents. He represents internationally based clients, having acted in Hague Convention matters involving applications.
Focus of law:
- Children’s matters including relocation applications, lives with/spend time disputes, passport applications, paternity disputes and name changes.
- International applications (including Hague Convention matters).
- Property and financial settlements, including mediation and litigation/defended matters.
- Financial Agreements (including pre-nups).
- Family violence, personal safety and intervention orders (acting for affected family members, applicants and respondents).
- Gender dysphoria in adolescents.
- Guardianship applications for family members.
When away from the office, Andrew enjoys cooking, kicking the footy and walking with his black lab, Farley.
Andrew is also a volunteer lawyer at Fitzroy Legal Service.