As a founding partner of Schetzer Papaleo Family Lawyers, David’s practice spans four decades, solely focusing on all aspects of family law.
As a skilled litigator and negotiator, David’s professional and pragmatic approach sees him advise clients on parenting and property matters, as well as regularly collaborating with the team on their matters.
David is a former chair of the Family Law Section of the Law Institute of Victoria and has been named a leading family lawyer by Doyles Guide.
David practices solely in Family Law and has done so for the past 45 years, receiving his Specialist Accreditation in Family Law in 1990. He has undertaken training in Collaborative Law and has sat on various other committees associated with Family Law.
David’s expertise includes:
- Binding financial agreements (BFAs).
- Family law settlements (including mediation) and litigation/defended matters.
- Restructuring of assets prior to or as a result of separation or divorce.
- Generational family wealth protection such as pre-nups.
- Property and financial matters, including high-net-worth matters dealing with Family and Unit Trusts and Proprietary Limited Companies.
- Property and financial matters involving large tax implications, including CGT and ATO related issues.
- International property disputes.
- Parenting arrangements and parental orders.
- Child support and spousal maintenance.
- Superannuation splitting.